Re: Snow Leopard and Smultron

From: Andrew Tucker
Subject: Re: Snow Leopard and Smultron
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 02:42:48 -0400

On Sep 24, 2009, at 10:10 AM, Graham Percival wrote:

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 08:45:38PM +0100, address@hidden wrote:
I notice on the LilyPond page for the Mac that "The text editor Smultron
  does not work properly under Snow Leopard."

Which lilypond page is that?

I think he means
http://ivo.bouwmans.name/lilypondleopard/
(linked from the lilypond "download" page)

I value the facility to use LilyPond far more that being able to run my Mac under Snow Leopard so I won't be updating my own Mac to SL until LilyPond works under it. Is the reason for LilyPond not working under SL
  known or are more investigations necessary?

No clue.  None of the developers have snow leopard, so we'd need
somebody else to contribute the investigation and patches.

Cheers,
- Graham

Though things seemed broken the first few days under Snow Leopard, I've had success using both Smultron and LilyPond since then - maybe some Apple updates helped?

I've run LilyPond 2.13.3-0 and 2.13.4-1 alone, as well as calling each from Smultron 3.5.1 using Ivo Bouwmans' instructions (except for which versions of each program to get...) under Mac OSX 10.6.1

Here's hoping personal experience can trump superior knowledge - seems like things are working fine for me.

all the best,
   Andy Tucker