Re: another route from MIDI to lilypond

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: another route from MIDI to lilypond
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 22:48:48 +0200

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 01:13:29PM -0400, Laura Conrad wrote:

> I was frustrated only this week by the problems of getting a MIDI file
> into lilypond via midi2ly, so when I got a newsletter from Noteflight
> <http://www.noteflight.com/> saying that they now have MIDI import, I
> did a quick test.
>
> It turns out to be fairly simple to import the MIDI file into
> noteflight, export a MusicXML file from noteflight, and import the
> MusicXML into lilypond via musicxml2ly.
>
> The result has different problems from the one produced by the midi2ly
> route, but they may be easier for some people to deal with.

MIDI to Lilypond via MusicXML is an interesting option, but there should
be an easier way.
Currently I am looking into the midi2ly python code to fix bugs and
improve performance. My unpublished testing version already is a little
bit better than the one that is shipped with lilypond 2.12.x and 2.13.x.

Could you mail me the MIDI file you are talking about so I can see how my
version of midi2ly handles it ?

--

Martin Tarenskeen