Re: Conditionally displaying stems in void notation

From: Rodolfo Zitellini
Subject: Re: Conditionally displaying stems in void notation
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 12:19:35 +0200

> Out of interest, why not enter the music in 3/4 ?  I'm missing
> something here.

Well yes, it would be indeed simpler to typeset everything in "normal"
3/2 (or 3/4 halving everything), :) but in this particular case I am
trying to faithfully reproduce the look of a seventeenth century
piece, with it's nice all white appearance.

>> I understand that in scheme it is possible to access the value of
>> duration-log to conditionally change the notehead stencil, it it
>> possible to do the same for the stem? I would just need to hide the
>> stem for all notes with value >= 2 (as entered in lilypond).
>
> Yes, this is possible.

But how? If I override the notehead stencil I can access to the note's
duration-log, but if I try to override the stems' stencil I don't have
duration-log anymore:

; works for NoteHead but not for Stem
newStencil =
#(lambda (grob)
  (let* ((duration (ly:grob-property grob 'duration-log)))
     ;if duration =< 2 hide stem

Thanks,
Rodolfo