Re: Relative thickness of PianoStaff Braces

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Relative thickness of PianoStaff Braces
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 21:47:56 +0200

The braces are typeset using symbols from a special font, so you cannot adjust the width and height separately. As far as I can see from the Metafont code generating these font symbols, the relationship between width and height is fixed, which may not be the best choice as you have pointed out.

    /Mats

Jonathan Wilkes wrote:
Hello again,
I've tried fooling around with the various properties of SystemStartBrace, and I can't seem to find a way to make all braces the same width, regardless of the height of the brace. (The problem is really exaggerated when there are three staves in a PianoStaff-- the brace looks comically huge.)

Do there happen to be any scheme wizards who can suggest a possible workaround?
 And if a workaround is not possible, should I add this to the bug tracker?
(Unless it's already listed and I missed it.)

-Jonathan