Re: Open Source MIDI Sequencer for Mac OS X

From: craigbakalian
Subject: Re: Open Source MIDI Sequencer for Mac OS X
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2009 06:04:00 -0400

Hi Kieren,

I used to have one, it was called MIDI Grasshopper.  I threw everything
away.  I mean everything - including the iMac and backup cds.  It was
written in Objective C and C++.  I have written my own front end text
editor to lilypond that has MIDI input.  I wrote it in Java because I
was lazy, and I didn't want to learn all the gnome stuff for ubuntu.  It
took me about a week.  You could write your own MIDI sequencer in Java,
it is so easy.  My lilypond front end isn't a robust  MIDI sequencer.  I
think OS X is still supportive of Java?

I don't have time for stuff like that anymore.  I have two kids and I am
starting a charter school.  All I do is web stuff, html, php, and mysql
- for the school.

Craig Bakalian