Re: modern accidentals rule (was: Re: Bad spacing (gap) when large inte

From: Frédéric Bron
Subject: Re: modern accidentals rule (was: Re: Bad spacing (gap) when large interval and accidental)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 19:55:05 +0100

>> BTW, I have found a strange behaviour of "modern" accidentals rule:
>> LilyPond considers volta alternatives as "previous" measure. Is this
>> correct? (Note the natural sign at the 2nd and 3rd alternatives, not
>> related to the previous _played_ measure.)

Yes, this is known behaviour. Here is the workaround I use:

First you define the follwing function:

forget = #(define-music-function (parser location music) (ly:music?) #{
        #(set-accidental-style 'forget)
        $music
        #(set-accidental-style 'modern)
#})

And then, you use it in front of the note which you do not want the
sharp of flat in front of:

\repeat { c } \alternative { { cis } { \forget c } }

Frédéric