Re: developers developers developers

From: Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool)
Subject: Re: developers developers developers
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 14:22:03 +0100

Perhaps even the development platform should be changed here and there
to make sure there are good tools to use.

One thing I have learnt in the past: it is mostly pointless to try
supporting a platform that is not your own choice.  If others are
passionate enough about it, they will do a better job than you can.

Lilypond is a batch processing system.  You can use whatever editor you
like with it.  If there are people who like Emacs, that does not change
Lilypond to the better or worse.

I'm talking about developer tools. For example, some months ago I got the advice to use "grep" to browse LilyPond source code.

Bert