Barline localization and begin of line

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Barline localization and begin of line
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 11:09:15 +0100

Hi,

I have a suggestion, I don't know if this is easily "feasible" (from
development point of view).

I'd like to have the localization of the (pseudo/invisible) begin
of line barline NOT at the "extreme left" (before the Clef), but
instead AFTER the key signature (or time signature when there is one).

Actually I have never seen a [mark] indication above the Clef.
\mark \default, when at the begin of a line, are also printed (on
"real-life" scores) after the key signature, not with LilyPond.

Furthermore that would avoid the use of tricky tricks, like "Printing a
repeat sign at the beginning of a piece" :
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=500

LilyPond do it actually well when there is a \repeat volta, by printing
\bar "|:" at the begin of the line, after the key signature.
So I don't know if the problem come from the barline localization or
due to RehearsalMark alignment at begin of line.

What do you think?
Thanks for your attention,

Xavier

PS : The example in the doc is bad chosen (NR 1.8.1 "Text marks") :
{
  \mark "Allegro"
  c1 c
  \mark "assai" \break
  c  c
}
man should use \tempo instead of \mark (though \tempo "text" doesn't
align on time signature, as it should).
But even, never seen "Allegro" or "assai" above the Clef.

--
Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden>