Modern-straight-flag

From: Jethro Van Thuyne
Subject: Modern-straight-flag
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 17:36:08 +0000 (UTC)

I can find some references to the Stem-property "modern-straight-flag" and
"old-straight-flag" on the net, yet I cannot get them to be displayed.

I have tried:

 \layout {
   \context { \Score
     \override Stem #'flag-style = #modern-straight-flag

in an external stylesheet or within the file itself, both without success
yet without any parsing errors either. I have also tried (to no avail, of
course) putting the override in the Staff and Voice context.

Wherever I declare the override, I get the normal classical flags. Apart
from that, [#'flag-style = #'mensural] and [#'flag-style = #'no-flag] DO
work. I presume I'm missing out on something. Is there anyone who can
help?

Best regards,

Jethro.