Re: simple editor for windows

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Re: simple editor for windows
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 06:25:00 +1100

On 03/01/10 04:43, James Lowe wrote:
I'll take a slight issue with this.

Tim Slattery wrote:
"Anthony W. Youngman" <address@hidden> wrote:

My favourite editor is PFE (programmers file editor).

Unfortunately, last I know, it was abandonware, but it's still a simple nice editor. Written by somebody at Lancaster Uni iirc.

Yes, good stuff, and I used it for a long time. Unfortunately, it
doesn't know anything about UTF-8, and therefore is unsuitable for
Lilypond files.

No.

what you mean is 'unsuitable for Lilypond files that require UTF-8 chars' and even then you can explicitly put in the UTF code use the \char and \concat switches which work fine.
Try Notepad2. Small, single executable that doesn't require installing, supports UTF-8 if you want it, available as both 32- and 64-bit versions. http://www.flos-freeware.ch/notepad2.html.

Nick