Re: override lyric font size

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: override lyric font size
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 13:43:15 +0100

None of these answers provide a method that also can be used to change the setting in the middle of the score.
I'd say that the most immediate answer to the original question is to use
\addlyrics { \override LyricText #'font-size = #-2 One and Two One and Two }
even though the alternative to use the context property fontSize is perhaps even simpler in this particular example, as I pointed out earlier.

   /Mats

Dmytro O. Redchuk wrote:
У чт, 2010-01-14 у 12:16 +0000, Gerard McConnell пише:
Hello,
Here I want to change the font size of the lyrics. I've placed \override #' font-size = # -2 before \addlyrics, just after it, inside the brackets, and various
other
combinations with << >>. How do I make the lyrics smaller here?

You can override font-size in \layout block:

\layout {
  ragged-right = ##f

  \context {
    \Score
      \override LyricText #'font-size = #-2

And probably more important, is there a way I should be looking at
this
problem that will allow me to figure similar ones out by myself?
You can use explicitly instantiated named contexts and set font-size on
per-context basic, see below.

(example: I can't figure out why the extra { } is required inside
\score { }.)
\version "2.12.2" \layout {
    ragged-right = ##f
}
\score {
   {
       \set Staff.instrumentName = "1"
       \clef bass
       \time 2/4
       \relative c {
                    c8 c c4  d8  d  d4  e8 e e4   c2 \bar "|."
       }
\addlyrics {One and Two One and Two }

\score {
  \new Staff <<
    \set Staff.instrumentName = "1"
    \clef bass
    \time 2/4
    \new Voice = "melody" {
      \relative c {
        c8 c c4  d8  d  d4  e8 e e4   c2 \bar "|."
    \new Lyrics \with {
      \override LyricText #'font-size = #-2
    } \lyricsto "melody" { One and Two One and Two }

}

(You can use variables for melody and lyrics to have cleaner \score
block).

Thanks,
Gerard

        Mats Bengtsson