Re: Lyrics and spacing inside a system

From: Dmytro O. Redchuk
Subject: Re: Lyrics and spacing inside a system
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 11:17:00 +0300

У вт, 2010-03-30 у 22:16 +0100, Neil Puttock пише:
> On 23 March 2010 11:49, Dmytro O. Redchuk <address@hidden> wrote:
[...]

> > So, there is "some unwanted vertical space" between lyrics lines, which
> > i failed to make to disappear with spacings and affinity.
>
> OK, here's another trick you might try:
>
> \layout {
>   \context {
>     \Lyrics
>     \override LyricText #'after-line-breaking =
>     #(lambda (grob)
>        (let ((text (ly:grob-property grob 'text)))
>             (and (string? text)
>                  (string=? text " ")
>                  (set! (ly:grob-property grob 'Y-extent) #f))))
>   }
> }
>
> This checks each LyricText grob to see whether it's a skip (the lexer
> converts an underscore to a space in a \lyricmode block), then resets
> the vertical extent so the skips don't take up any space in the
> alignment.
Well..

!!

Magic.. Thank You!

In other words, in a "real world's score" this trick helps (and it's
enough) for tenor's lyrics (with alignAboveContents), but for alto's i
need to add also this:

\override VerticalAxisGroup
   #'non-affinity-spacing = #'((stretchability . 0) (space . 0))

I am not sure that i am quite happy with all spacings (i need to look
carefully, two results --- 2.12.3 and this --- page by page), but this
aligned lyrics, definitely.

I will try and check more, i hope.

Thank You, Neil!!

ps. Is this a question of defaults? Hardly believe, but...
Or rather some issue with spacings?..

--
  Dmytro O. Redchuk