Re: Automatic beaming of dotted quavers

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Automatic beaming of dotted quavers
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 10:19:27 -0600

On 6/1/10 10:13 AM, "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Carl,
>
> I spent a while trying to get this to work.  It looks like the code possibly
> ignores the numerator, and then treats the dotted 1/8 note as having a
> minimum value of 1/16 and so applies the 1/16 override to the beaming.

Yes, that's how I remember the code working.  There was a reason for that,
namely, how we beamed standard groups including a dotted 1/8.  There was a
case where the dotted 1/8 implied that the shortest duration of a note in
the beam was 1/16, so we needed to break a beam.  I don't remember the
details, but I remember using that workaround.

For right now, I suggest that manual beaming is the best workaround for this
problem I can offer.  But perhaps I can get a patch in a day or two.

> HTH a little.

Yes, it confirmed my memory.  Thanks!

Carl