Re: Presentation: & quot; Publisher-grade LilyPond& quot; in Ott

From: Arno Rog
Subject: Re: Presentation: & quot; Publisher-grade LilyPond& quot; in Ottawa
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 08:11:08 +0000 (UTC)

Graham Percival <graham <at> percival-music.ca> writes:

> Are you seriously going to submit a paper to CMJ saying "a volunteer
> open-source project has limited resources for fixing bugs" ???
>
> That's classy.  Sometimes I wonder why I bother trying to improve lilypond.
>
> - Graham

Graham,

There is a difference between perception and fact!
Every participant in a project like this will face incomprehension and ignorance
from end-users; considering the complexity of Lilypond this comes as no
surprise.

I myself have moved away from a commercial scorewriter to Lilypond, impressed as
I am about the quality of the output, convinced as I am about it's
architecture/design and having confidence in the support and development of
Lilypond.

Regards,

Arno Rog