Re: invisible rest that takes no horizontal space

From: Peter Van Kranenburg
Subject: Re: invisible rest that takes no horizontal space
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 00:01:18 +0200

On 6/15/10 11:34 PM, Peter Van Kranenburg wrote:
Thank you. That triggered the right solution. r4*0 does not work. The
rest collides with the following note. But, s4*0 works for me. And that
is exactly what I need. I have around 1000 melodies in which partial
measures were solved by inserting invisible rests (s) instead of using
\partial. With this solution it is relatively easy to write a script to
add *0 to all those invisible rests in order to get visually satisfying
scores.

On closer look, I see it does not work... The bar lines after the invisible rest are shifted. This takes no score time and no space.

In the Notation Reference I found how to set Score.measurePosition. Is it also possible to increase Score.measurePosition?

Peter