Re: [announcement] Elysium - LilyPond IDE for Eclipse

From: Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool)
Subject: Re: [announcement] Elysium - LilyPond IDE for Eclipse
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 09:02:48 +0200

Regarding the question about why implement yet another editing environment for
LilyPond: I also understand and agree with the severity of the issues of
proliferation of technologies and splitting of effort. But I did it mainly
because it's fun. :) I could argue about the advantages of Eclipse (I will
dedicate a section for this on the website), but I don't want any flame wars
about technology choices, and of course it has its drawbacks too (especially
the complexity). Besides being fun, it has dogfooding purposes: I use Eclipse
constantly and have to edit sheet music frequently, so the integration aim was
kind of obvious for me. YMMV. :)
I think in this case we would need to create a LilyPond API for Java kind of project to share as much code as we can.