Re: Lilypond performance

From: ornello
Subject: Re: Lilypond performance
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 03:01:34 -0700 (PDT)

Xavier Scheuer wrote:

> Have you tried  ly:minimal-breaking ?
>
>   \paper {
>     #(define page-breaking ly:minimal-breaking)
>   }
>
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/minimal-page-breaking

Thanks for your hint. I have tried minimal page breaking, but performance is
only slightly improved, the tendency remains the same. Also I get memory
allocation errors when further increasing the number of pages:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
  what():  std::bad_alloc
Aborted