Re: Temporary staff

From: laurent
Subject: Re: Temporary staff
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 18:05:37 +0200

Thank you Graham

I found another solution, which is equivalent to a ossia, but now I have another worry:
My MIDI file, I have not the piano as an instrument, but the tuba, and when arriving at the measure 136, the two notes are played on the piano and nothing at all!

In this measure 136 to the end, I have a early next line blank.

Am I doing something wrong?
My code is not very clean, I admit, but maybe the error is in!

Laurent

Le mercredi 11 août 2010 à 17:34 +0100, Graham Percival a écrit :
On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 05:25:16PM +0200, TheBachMan wrote:
>    I use Lilypond for some time now, and I often find my answers in the
>    documentation (very well done), the LSR and on the French mailing-list,
>    very active!
>
>    A bass line that splits into two with braces and returns on a single line.

The English (or maybe Italian?) term for this is "ossia".  If you
search in the normal places for "ossia", you'll find a few
different ways of doing what you want.  NR 1.6.x comes to mind,
but a LSR search will also give you a solution.

Cheers,
- Graham