Re: Temporary staff

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Temporary staff
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 23:17:21 +0100

On 12 August 2010 17:05, laurent <address@hidden> wrote:

> I found another solution, which is equivalent to a ossia, but now I have
> another worry:

This isn't really a suitable use for an ossia stave, since you can't
group the staves together with a brace.  You'd be better off creating
the second stave at the beginning of the score, hiding it until it's
required.

You can calculate the number of rests before the new stave's
introduced automatically via \tag and \removeWithTag, then it's just a
matter of using \RemoveEmptyStaves and setting 'remove-first.

> In this measure 136 to the end, I have a early next line blank.

That's a bug; see issue 471:

Neil