Re: vertical spacing uncontrollable

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: vertical spacing uncontrollable
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 18:37:06 -0700

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 2:49 PM, James Wilkinson <address@hidden> wrote:
I was wondering why I never got a response to this. Turns out that I sent it to gun.org.  Duh. Let's try again.

version is 2.13.29-1

This is a flute part, so there's just one staff per system. It's two pages long. Page one has 8 staves spaced to fill the page. Page two has 7 staves that are crammed into little more than half the page. I read the "Vertical Spacing" section of the Notation manual and thought that this might do something:

\new Staff \with {
    \override VerticalAxisGroup #'next-staff-spacing =
      #'((space . 1000) (stretchability . 1000))

This doesn't produce any errors, but it doesn't change the output, either. I started with 10, then 20, then 100, and finally 1000. None of them did anything.

Any advice gratefully received.

You'll want to look at "4.4.2: Vertical spacing between systems"  instead of "4.4.1: Vertical spacing inside a system"

Cheers,
Joe