Beaming grace notes across staves

From: Ferran Auban
Subject: Beaming grace notes across staves
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 06:37:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hello!
I have got an extrange problem. I had typesetted some works with groups of
grace notes that begun in a staff and ended in another, and I had no
problems.

However, if I apply the same methods to a group of (beamed) grace notes that
has the only first note on one staff an the rest in another, it does not
work.

Here is what I would like to do:

\change Staff="inf" \grace  { <b, c>16  \stemDown \change Staff="sup" [e16
g16 b16 e16]  }

It does not work.

However, if I put the staff change one note later, it works:

\change Staff="inf" \grace  { <b, c>16  [e16 \stemDown \change Staff="sup"
g16 b16 e16]  }

It also works if I do not beam the first note:

\change Staff="inf" \grace  { <b, c>16  \stemDown \change Staff="sup" e16
[g16 b16 e16]  }

Could you tell me where is the problem?

Thank you very much