OT Tzur Ma'oz

From: dadadharma @dslextreme.com
Subject: OT Tzur Ma'oz
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 16:49:02 -0700

This is Off Topic, but I don't know where else to turn...

I'm looking for a basic, out-of-copyright four-part harmony version of
Tzur Ma'oz that I can transcript in Lilypond for my singing group
(Shape Note).

I could not find any on the "Sheet Music Wiki"

<http://imslp.org/wiki/Main_Page>

Also, we had a discussion at Barbershop Chorus last night about our
Christmas song list. Not a "Holiday Song list" -- only Christian songs
were there.

That's a big problem in West Los Angeles.

Barbershop -- we wanna sing the barbershop cord maybe 30% of the song
(by duration; we tend to hold it out), maybe 60% of the song.

Does anybody know about a crash-course (simple guidelines) for goyish
song leaders who need to arrange Hannukah songs? What are the
harmonies & choirly effects that need to be achieved?

Any thoughtful essays on what "interfaith" means -- not in terms of
highly-trained, virtuoso choirs, but grass-roots community singing?

Virtuosos can pull off any stunt, of course.

But at the grass-roots -- not just a different musical species or
genre or family or tribe...

Maybe as different as invertebrates from vertebrates?

David Olson
Culver City, California