Re: Parallel dynamics, markup, sponsor, etc.

From: Keith E OHara
Subject: Re: Parallel dynamics, markup, sponsor, etc.
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 13:47:35 -0700

On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 13:14:42 -0700, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

it looks like `dynamic-gap.png' (attached), and the huge gap between
the crescendo and decrescendo hairpin is not what I expect.
Additionally, I get a nasty warning

  programming error: Improbable offset for stencil: -nan staff space
                     Setting to zero.

Now I see.  My favorite feature in the alpha-version is the new post-fix text
crescendo/diminuendo.  Blank text in a spanning dynamic seemed like the natural
way to indicate that dynamics are logically connected, even though they have a
horizontal gap.

Maybe the underlying support for the new \cresc will allow a non-hackish way to
do what you expected, after we learn how to use it.