Re: how to get half-bar used in Bach Music?

From: Marc Mouries
Subject: Re: how to get half-bar used in Bach Music?
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2010 21:49:06 -0500

thanks all for your help. Browsing the lilypond doc I have stumbled upon the
section on the Gregorian notation and what do i find? a half-bar!
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Typesetting-Gregorian-chant.html#Divisiones

I tried to use it but apparently it is a breath mark and as such the bar line
are also printed.
I found an old post asking the question "how to override the bar line" with a
snippet that is supposed to work but i get errors on 2.13.38
http://osdir.com/ml/lilypond-user-gnu/2009-06/msg00299.html

\version "2.12.2"
divisioMaior = {
\once \override Score.BarLine #'stencil = #ly:breathing- sign::divisio-maior
}
\relative c' {
c2 d \divisioMaior
e f \divisioMaior