Re: do narrow and bold-narrow font-series exist? How can i squish Lyrics

From: Shane Brandes
Subject: Re: do narrow and bold-narrow font-series exist? How can i squish Lyrics horizontally?
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 00:51:21 -0500

Small note. The term is "tracking" which means the adjustment of
distance between letters, kerning is the adjustment of distance
between two or more letters to make better use of whitespace and
balance of inked areas. For example, tucking the "a" under the "w" in
"awe," whereas tracking would consider the relative space between all
letters example "a  w  e" would be very widely tracked. Don't worry
most people get that mixed up.

Shane Brandes
Proportional Lime Type Foundry