Re: Non latin, e.g. Nordic letters in titles, lyrics etc. in the lilypon

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Non latin, e.g. Nordic letters in titles, lyrics etc. in the lilypond script
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 20:48:56 +0000 (UTC)

Esa Erola <esa.erola <at> nokia.com> writes:

> I have not found any way - and not any hint in any of the manuals -
> to have the Lilypond program understand Nordic letters in the script
[...]
> Is there any way to write the Nordic letters directly to the script?

LilyPond simply uses utf-8 encoding, which is a very good approach to universal
character encoding.  Your favorite text editor can almost certainly write that
format.
Unfortunately, some text editors (like the one I am using now) fail to make
clear what format they are writing in.  (Let's see if the long-vowel sign in
my name reaches you.)
-
Keith Ó Hara