Scope of scheme defines in Lilypond projects

From: Simon Mackenzie
Subject: Scope of scheme defines in Lilypond projects
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 14:37:25 +0700

Hi
I'm wanting to write some globally accessible scheme functions / procedures
(defines) for my lilypond project but the documentation on such seems a bit
limited. I.e. Do \header, \page and other contexts introduce new variable
scopes (assuming yes here)? If so, how can scheme functions and variables be
defined globally for access in all such scopes within a lilypond project?

Can anyone point me in the right direction here. Thank you in advance.
S Mack

Attached is a example of a scheme module I want to include globally in a
lilypond project and whose public defines I want to access in my lilypond
project in \header, \score, \book and other contexts within the project. The
idea is that I can collect all credit and song title information into a single
include file for easier collation and management by maintainers and to reduce
duplication of credits across all the music sheets in the project / book.

Would be used via...

#(load "init/credits.scm")
#(use-modules (init credits))

NB: Currently have 50+ music sheets completed, most versing text has been
added, and the results are quite impressive. The project will eventually
encompass collating some 300+ music sheets into one book. Lilypond does an
excellent job of rendering each music sheet. Most friends find it hard to
believe such a program is available, and for "FREE"!

Thank you to all of you who have contributed so much to enabling such a top
class product to be produced and made freely available.