Re: glissando without starting note

From: Phil Brooks
Subject: Re: glissando without starting note
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 18:13:02 +0000 (UTC)

Reinhold Kainhofer <reinhold <at> kainhofer.com> writes:

> You would use the exact same code as above. the 1/2 does not come from the
time sig. Rather, it allows you to use
> half of the time of that not for another, hidden note before it. The 1/2 for
this and the hidden note simply
> ensures that they take exactly the same time as the visible eighth note
sggests.

> Cheers,
> Reinhold

Thanks for the response -- I see that the problem actually exists in both the
2/4 and 4/4 time.  When I run:

{
%\set Score.skipBars = ##t
\override Glissando #'style = #'zigzag

        \relative c' {
           \clef bass
           \key c \major
           \time 4/4
           f4 f4 f4 f4
           % glissando thingy
           {
           \hideNotes
           a,8*1/2
           \noBeam
           \glissando
           \unHideNotes
           f''8-^\fz r8 r4 r2
           }
           f4 f4 f4 f4
           r4 b4 r4 b4
           r4 b4 r4 b4
           \bar "||"
I get the same problem -- an extra bar line at the end before the double bar.
Also, If I uncomment the set Score.skipBars = ##t, I get no barlines from then
on.  So something is going on that I don't quite understand.