Re: Lilypond-book: Adjust left page margin

From: Daniel Dieterle
Subject: Re: Lilypond-book: Adjust left page margin
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 22:19:47 +0100

Hi,

my problem is solved.

I had a \markup command in my song-ly file. The markup was placed on the left hand of the staff which introduced the additional space on the left page margin.

Thanks for your time and reading my posts,
Daniel.

2011/2/18 Phil Hézaine <address@hidden>
Le 16/02/2011 21:57, Daniel Dieterle a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> currently I'm working on a song book with lilypond-book.
> I would like to have equal page margins on the left and right of 1 cm.  So I
> configured the page layout with the LaTex geometry package. Lilypond-book
> adopts the staff length accordingly: The right space from the end of a staff
> line to the page border is 1 cm. But the left space from the page border to
> the beginning of the staff line is slightly larger. That bothers me, because
> the song text following the song notes is nomore aligned with the staff
> lines.
>
> I tried to solve this problem with two approaches:
> 1) With the lilypond-book option --left-padding=AMOUNT
> 2) \once \override Staff.StaffSymbol #'X-offset = #0
>
> With both approaches I have no success.
> Does anybody have an idea how I can adjust the left page margin?
>
> Thanks for any hints,
> Daniel.

Hi,

I don't understand very well your problem but there are several things:
Either it is a problem with indent.
or you're in a book class and by default Latex takes in account an inner
margin value depending of the left or right page.
or you can put a \textwidth = 510pt in your preambule
or finally if you're including a separate .ly file:
\renewcommand{\betweenLilyPondSystem}[1]{\linebreak \vspace{12pt}}
 \lilypondfile[staffsize=20,indent=1.5\cm,line-width=510\pt]{your-song.ly}
Play around with the values, of course.
May be someone on the list would be able to explain you better than me.

Phil.