Re: How to wreathe crescendo ?

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: How to wreathe crescendo ?
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 12:14:13 +0100

2011/3/2 Tim Sheasby <address@hidden>
> On 02 Mar 2011, at 11:57 AM, Francisco Vila wrote:
>
> Printed material is commonly made with very high-resolution renderers.
> I don't know exactly: ten thousand dots per inch?  Maybe not that
> much, but high enough so you can not see the 'stairs'.

> Used to work in a DTP bureau. Resolution is anything between 1000 and 3600
> dpi on an imagesetter. Most default to 1200 or 2400 dpi.
> Effectively eliminating visible stairs as you pointed out.

Thank you, that's a fact, I'll try to remember.

My first laser was 300dpi and it looked crappy.  Then, I could spot
the difference between 600 and 1200, the latter is very good to my
eyes.  However, printed scores still look usually, not always, better
than my 1200 home laser material.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com