Re: [OT] Vivi, the Virtual Violinist, plays LilyPond music

From: Marc Mouries
Subject: Re: [OT] Vivi, the Virtual Violinist, plays LilyPond music
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 22:41:33 -0400

On 3/22/2011 9:57 PM, Graham Percival wrote:

Pop music (and thus a lot of Vocaloid stuff) gets a bad rap for
using the I IV V I chord progression a lot, but I don't see that
amount of predictability to be any worse than classical music's
predictability of beat strength in 4/4 time
(strong-weak-medium-weak).

Cheers,
- Graham

Generalizing is always a bad idea. Listen to J.S. Bach's sonatas and you will be hard pressed to find predictability in the beat strength. Even the harmony is hard to predict. These are ones of the hardest piece to remember for that.