Re: Instantiating temporary staves with text

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Instantiating temporary staves with text
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 16:22:46 +0200

2011/4/4 Brent Annable <address@hidden>:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I'm currently trying to produce a piece that is mostly on two staves, but at
> the end splits briefly into four staves and then back into two. I'm doing it
> by adding the extra staves to the top staff for those few bars and forcing
> line breaks so that it looks neat on the page. Everything goes fine until I
> try to add lyrics to the third line from the top (the line with the tenor
> clef) - using the \addlyrics command makes everything go haywire - the
> lyrics appear below the bass staff, staves cut off mid-page and the last
> section of the melody turns into chords instead of single notes. Commenting
> out the line of lyrics code fixes everything again, so as far as I can see
> it's purely the addition of the lyrics that causes the problem.

Just off the top of my head - you may try explicitly naming all
contexts involved, and use \new Lyrics with \lyricsto instead of
\addlyrics (which is, i suppose, generally designed as a shortcutto be
used with very straightforward music).
Explicit naming of contexts gives you clear view of what's happening there.

hth,
Janek