Re: slur collides with ledger line & grace note size

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: slur collides with ledger line & grace note size
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 16:52:12 -0600

On 4/15/11 3:22 PM, "Marc Mouries" <address@hidden> wrote:

>    I tested with both 2.12 and 2.13 and in both versions the slur collides
> with the ledger line

This would be a collision bug.  Please report on the bug-lilypond list.

However, Stone says the following:

"It used to be customary to slur grace notes to the main note, but since
such slurs are superfluous it is recommended that they be omitted.  As a
result of this omission, a tied grace note becomes more immediately
recognizable.  Should it be desired to perform a grace note detached, which
is very rare, a staccato dot will serve to indicate this."

>  In the picture of the old score i have the slur is moved below the ledger
> line. How can we do the same with lilypond?

It is possible to adjust the slur end points.  See the LSR for ways to do
this.

>  I also noticed that lilypond prints grace note with a little bigger
> proportion than usual. Is there a way i can change the size and how close
> grace notes are from the next notes?

The distance to the main notes is controlled by the 'shortest-duration-space
of the GraceSpacing grob.

I have been unable to determine how to change the size of grace notes.

HTH,

Carl