circled guitar string number symbol in header text?

From: Christopher Berg
Subject: circled guitar string number symbol in header text?
Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 12:11:52 -0400

Hi,

I've scoured the documentation and snippets for this and searched the lilypond-user archive and have not found the answer to this:

How does one indicate a circled guitar string number in text above the piece, as in " 3 = f# " (where the 3 is circled), which is often used to indicate the tuning in transcriptions of Renaissance lute music. I know how to indicate and position string numbers within the piece, but not in text in the header block, which is where I'm guessing this would go. The LaTex code for the circled third string would be "ding{174}", but I can't figure out how to get this
in some text before the piece.

Has anyone worked this out?

Many thank for any help with this.