RE: header anomalies LP2.13.60

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: header anomalies LP2.13.60
Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 11:09:11 +0000

Hello
From: address@hidden address@hidden on behalf of Phil Holmes address@hidden
Sent: 08 May 2011 11:15
To: Bill Mooney; Lilypond-User List

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Mooney" <address@hidden>
To: "Lilypond-User List" <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, May 07, 2011 4:43 AM
Subject: header anomalies LP2.13.60

> Greetings!
> Can someone please explain what is happening with the header block in this
> code?
> +++++++++++++++
> \version "2.13.60"
>   \header {
>     title = \markup \center-column { \huge "XXXXXXXXXXX" "XXXXXXXXX"
> "-X-" }
>     subtitle =\markup \center-column { "NNNN" "-N-" }
>     subsubtitle = \markup \center-column { "ZZZZ" }
>   }
> \score { { a' b' c'' d'' } \layout { } }
> +++++++++++++++
> The first line of Xs is rendered smaller than the second line, and the -X-
> and the -N- are too close to the lines below them.
> Is this behaviour due to something I've misunderstood, or is it evidence
> of a bug?
>
> Many thanks,
> Bill

I reckon the \huge is only applying to the text block following, so the
second line of XXs adopt the default header size, which is larger.

---------

Yes, if you change

title = \markup \center-column { \huge "XXXXXXXXXXX" "XXXXXXXXX" "-X-" }

title = \markup \center-column { \huge { "XXXXXXXXXXX" "XXXXXXXXX" "-X-" } }

Then all the 'X's are the same size.

This is also the same when you use an 'absfontsize' (which I guess is what a
\huge is)  or if you choose a different font.

----

James