Re: Openoffice import?

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Openoffice import?
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 13:04:28 +0200

2011/6/2 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:

> I am currently going crazy trying to import a document with Lilypond
> passages into OpenOffice.
>
> PDF import does not work (noteheads are missing, text is shifted).

This is something can happen with so-called "portable" document formats.

>  SVG
> images (via pdf2svg) don't work (they appear mostly black, apparently
> due to incomplete SVG support in OpenOffice).

SVG made directly from lilypond should work well, but you say the goal
is to import an existing document not made by you.

>  I don't see any other
> obvious option that would lead to scalable/vector graphics inside of
> Openoffice.

In my limited experience, scalable/vector are great when you both
produce and consume them, but when everything else fails at sharing
with others, high-res PNGs are always compatible and final prints are
good quality anyway, so it does not matter if it was scalable in some
stage of the process. Unless you want a very enlarged detail of a tiny
part of a score.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com