Re: Consistent bar number positioning

From: -Eluze
Subject: Re: Consistent bar number positioning
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 02:45:06 -0700 (PDT)

Nicholas Moe wrote:

> I am writing a piece which requires lyrics above and below the staff.
> I would like to have regular measure numbers right above the bar-line
> (i.e. always approx. 0.75 staff lines above the staff). Ideally I
> would like to make the lyrics invisible to the bar numbers.
>
>  I have been unable to find a way to consistently do this throughout
> the piece. Even doing an #'extra-offset tweak doesn't work, because
> the starting point is not always the same, and in the actual piece of
> music, the starting point is higher or lower on each system depending
> on how the notes are in that system.
>
> Does anyone have an idea of how to do this? Is there a way to make the
> lyrics invisible to the bar numbers? I have an example set up below.

here is a way that seems to work (but there might be more convenient ways):

use

\override Score.BarNumber #'extra-offset = #'(0 . -3)

and the following vertical distance settings - play around with the numbers:

\layout {
  \context {
    \Lyrics
    \override VerticalAxisGroup #'nonstaff-relatedstaff-spacing =
    #'((basic-distance . 5)
     (minimum-distance . 5)
     (padding . .75))

Eluze