lyx usage [WAS: Re: lilypond-book download]

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: lyx usage [WAS: Re: lilypond-book download]
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 01:08:07 +0200

Il 30/08/2011 23:42, Pablo Zumarán ha scritto:
Thank you very much for that tip. Following your advice, I've installed Lyx
in my Ubuntu. In the included documentation, I've found only one reference
to Lilypond (to use Insert>File>External Material>Lilypond file). When I do
this (ie, insert a .ly file) all I get is a field saying "Lilypond typeset
music". Then, when I do Insert>Custom Insets>Lilypond, I get an inset where
I can type in lilypond code. BUT I haven't been able to see the actual
music, nor to export the LyX file as a pdf. If it's not asking too much, how
do you do that?

Click on the first icon in the icon bar (the two eyes) or type "Ctrl + R".
You should see the PDF file in your external pdf viewer.

Otherwise you can see the output inside Lyx, if you enable the instant preview:
http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/InstantPreview

HTH,
Federico

PS (just a memo for me)
The custom insets for Lilypond must be enabled in Document>Settings>Modules (add lilypond book). The instant preview doesn't show the image generated by the code in the inset, you can see it only in the external pdf.