Re: ossia vertical spacing

From: Peekay Ex
Subject: Re: ossia vertical spacing
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 12:24:20 +0100

hello,

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 3:20 AM, luis jure <address@hidden> wrote:

> hello list,
>
> i'm making clean copies of transcriptions i made from recordings of a
> traditional drum. it's only one instrument, and the notation is in one
> two-line staff. i haven't tweaked the vertical spacing between systems,
> and i'm happy with the default results.
>
> but now i added an extra (transparent) staff with an alternate notation
> (following the guidelines given for ossia staves), and i find that this
> makes the distance to the following system way too big (see attached
> image). i'd like to see the ossia staff a little closer to the main staff,
> and the following system much closer than it is now. ideally, i'd like to
> be able to do this without affecting the distance of the other systems. in
> other words, that this ossia staff wouldn't create so much space below it.
>
> i looked in section 4.4 of NR (Vertical spacing), but somehow it seems i
> don't understand how to achieve this. in any case, none of the tweaks i
> tried had any effect (perhaps they are in the wrong place...).

I don't know how to space an explict staffsymbol vertically, but you
could take another approach, see:

http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=701

What this shows you, is how to make a 'markup' using a score
construct, you could then use this and pad your markup accordingly
instead of using an ossia.

Just another idea.

regards

James