Re: preprocessing an included file with system command

From: Michael Ellis
Subject: Re: preprocessing an included file with system command
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 14:13:20 -0400

For anyone who wants to make use of it, I've attached a short python script I wrote this morning for general purpose monitoring of files with given extensions in an arbitrary list of directories.  Should be self-explanatory to python hackers and adaptable to any application where you need to detect file changes automatically and apply some processing that creates a derived file.

Works on OS X or Linux.  Should work on Windows, too, but I haven't tried it.

For me, this ameliorates the problem I posed in the original post.

But I still think LilyPond could benefit by adding some simple text macro capability :-)

Cheers,
Mike