Re: markup in lyrics

From: Colin Campbell
Subject: Re: markup in lyrics
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 20:48:04 -0600

On 11-10-04 08:19 PM, Vaughan McAlley wrote:
On 4 October 2011 14:44, Benjamin Peterson <address@hidden> wrote:
Kieren MacMillan <kieren_macmillan <at> sympatico.ca> writes:
What about
    \override LyricText #'font-shape = #'italic …
\revert LyricText #'font-shape
?
Works great. Thanks.

Regards,
Benjamin

It’s not obvious from the documentation that lyric markups (and lyrics
generally) are treated differently from other text. I’m sure there are
important implementation reasons for this, and the documentation
explains “Markup mode may be used to format individual syllables in
lyrics” but it doesn’t explain how to go any further. Could an example
of the \override be put here?

Vaughan

In the Snippets section, specifically the vocal music bits , there is an example of formatting lyrics syllables which may be of some use.

Cheers
Colin
--
I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands.
You need to be able to throw something back.