Re: [issue 1482] \caps \fromproperty and markup->string

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [issue 1482] \caps \fromproperty and markup->string
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 11:03:18 +0200

Jan-Peter Voigt <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello David,
>
>> Now let's take a look at my approach.
> I did and it didn't compile ...

Which Lilypond version?  This should have worked with rather old
versions actually (the newest feature I use are markup arguments in
music functions I think, and those are not all that new).  And when
talking new functionality, there is no point in restricting one-self to
anything older than the current development version, since obviously new
functionality is not going to get integrated in any older versions.

The code is not correct concerning hyphens and extenders, but that can
be fixed reasonably easy.

--
David Kastrup