Re: rendering only a part of a score

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Re: rendering only a part of a score
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 21:45:00 +1100

On 20/10/11 21:31, Ewald Gutenkunst wrote:
Dear community,

is there any way to render only a part of a score? I know the functions

showFirst/LastLength = R1*5    and
Score.skipTypesetting = ##t ##f

but, for example, if i want to do a fine tuning of some objects,
the layout ist lost in that range, so I have to render the complete score to
see the exact difference.

I see the problem, that a little change anywhere can affect the complete
layout, page- and system breaking and perhaps there is theoretically no way,
but it would be a great help, if all changes, overrides, slur/tie beginnings
would be present in that selected range.

What's about a "fast rendering" option for a few bars, with all important
information, but without any breakings and page-layout - only rendered in one vertically
system - like the Panorama view in Sibelius?

You can use the %{.....%} construction to comment out an arbitrarily large section of the score. You can use that in combination with showFirstLength/showLastLength to only render a few bars in the section you are working on. I use this exact method when I'm adding fingerings to an existing complete score. Provided you have %{ on a line by itself, then when you have finished you just add another percent symbol to the opening bracket to have it treated as a comment and ignored (i.e. %%{ will be treated as a comment whereas %{ is treated as the start of a comment block).

Nick