Re: slightly offtopic

From: David Rogers
Subject: Re: slightly offtopic
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 13:23:53 -0700

Ole Schmidt <address@hidden> writes:

Hi, Can anyone point me in the right direction, I need a little circle above the letter (norwegian...) like this: å (see also attached screenshot if it is not displayed correctly) Whats do I have to enter, I can not found the utf-code that fits the description in the manual...

Two things:

1. Make sure your Lilypond file, and your text editor's preferences, are set to use UTF-8 encoding. (Not ISO-8859-anything, not ASCII, not others.)

2. Just type the character you want, as you did in your email above. Copy & paste should work fine if the text is coming from another source - but make sure in copying & pasting that no unwanted other characters get in. In Lilypond it should not be necessary to type the codes. (However, if you are in some situation where it's necessary, there shouldn't be anything wrong with typing the codes either.)

--
David