Re: Difference Between \lyricsto and associatedVoice With Melody Rhythm

From: Bill Mooney
Subject: Re: Difference Between \lyricsto and associatedVoice With Melody Rhythm
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2011 09:50:02 +1300

Hi Matthew,
You wrote:-
+++++++++++++++
But this seems to work as expected:

\new Staff << {
        \new Voice = "unsung" \relative {
                a'1
                \new Voice = "sung" {
                        b4. b8 b4. b8
                }
                e1 f1
        \new Lyrics \lyricsto "sung" { A B C D }

+++++++++++++++

In this file (below) I have tried to follow your example using predefined expressions - not having the music etc explicitly in the score statement. Everything works as expected until I started adding more unsung/sung sections when the subsequent words became shifted downwards at each appearance. Apparently LP is seeing them as new Verses(?). Is there a simple solution to allow each occurrence of words to be aligned, or must one use extra-offsets and trial and error to align them?

Note also that placing bar-checks in the music expressions gives strange values.

Regards,
Bill.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
\version "2.14.2"

wordsA = \lyricmode
        { Aa B C A }
wordsB = \lyricmode
        { C D E C }
wordsC = \lyricmode
        { E F G E }

unsungmelodyA = \relative c'' %Bar checks in this section give strange, varying values
        { a1 }
sungmelodyOne = \relative c''
        { a4 b c a }
unsungmelodyB = \relative c'
        { f1 }
sungmelodyTwo = \relative c'
        { c4 d e c }
unsungmelodyC = \relative c''
        { g1 }
sungmelodyThree = \relative c''
        { e,4 f g e }

\score {
\new Staff << {
\new Voice = "unsung"  { \unsungmelodyA }
\new Voice = "sungA" { \sungmelodyOne }
\new Voice = "unsung" { \unsungmelodyB }
\new Voice = "sungB" { \sungmelodyTwo }
\new Voice = "unsung" { \unsungmelodyC }
\new Voice = "sungC" { \sungmelodyThree }
}
\new Lyrics \lyricsto  "sungA" \wordsA
\new Lyrics \lyricsto "sungB" \wordsB
\new Lyrics \lyricsto "sungC" \wordsC