Hiding or delaying new staffs

From: Steve Downes
Subject: Hiding or delaying new staffs
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 18:46:55 +0000

I have a situation I feel there should be an answer to but cannot find it. I
write arrangements which start with, say, 8 bars intro during which , again
say, up to 4 front line instruments are doing nothing. I either want to
suppress their staffs during the intro or not create them till the end of the
intro. I can suppress the staff itself but not the clef, time sig & key sig.

Steve