Usage of LilyPond fonts in a web app

From: Philip Peterson
Subject: Usage of LilyPond fonts in a web app
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 22:49:17 -0500

Hi all,

My friend and I are wanting to use the fonts LilyPond uses for engraving in a web app. Since one cannot rely on the user having those fonts installed, we would like to convert those fonts using typeface.js. If we make the converted fonts open-source, would it be permissible to use the font on the site (which uses the converted fonts), while the site itself is not open-source?

- Philip Peterson