Re: Trouble with acciaccatura at the beginning of a piece

From: Ninn Langel
Subject: Re: Trouble with acciaccatura at the beginning of a piece
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 14:31:39 +0100

Thank you all, it's very encouraging to get so many responses within minutes!

I had read the documentation and tried to apply a \grace s8 to the bass part,
but without understanding of my score block, it didn't solve the problem. I've
applied Francisco Villa's solution and it works perfectly.

I think I get your proposition, Toine, and it seems a little more "DRY", which
I rather like... but my understanding of what the different definitions of
voice / staff / global are, as well as things being part of a sequence or a
simultaneous voice is still weak.

Can anyone point out an article / document of sorts which helps understand the
basics? I've had my eyes on and inside the documentation, but I feel like some
basics are just missing.

Cheers,

Ninn Langel