Re: "V.S." on page turns

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: "V.S." on page turns
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 02:05:02 -0500

Quoting Shevek <address@hidden>:

I'm playing around with the page turn engraver, and occasionally it will opt
to have a page with only one or two systems. It would be great if I could
add a "V.S." indication in such cases, but I'm not sure how to do it without
hardcoding the page turns. Is there a way to do this?

I'm afraid it's not supported. You can find the discussion here (see the end of the thread):
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2010-02/msg00713.html

Also see the documentation for item-interface:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/internals/item_002dinterface

"Whether these versions are visible and take up space is determined by the outcome of the break-visibility grob property, which is a function taking a direction (-1, 0 or 1) as an argument. It returns a cons of booleans, signifying whether this grob should be transparent and have no extent."

I don't see any indication whether the break is a page break, a page turn or just a line break.

I could not find any open issue for that.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin