Tie at end of first repeat

From: Brent Annable
Subject: Tie at end of first repeat
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 22:54:05 +0100

Hello all,

I'm typesetting a piece with repeats, for which I'm using the "volta 2" construction with a first-time and second-time ending. My problem is that I have a note that is tied from the end of the first ending back to the start of the "volta" section. This doesn't seem to work with a normal tie, so I'm trying to use a \repeatTie and attach it to the right-hand side of the notehead, but I can't figure out how to do it. Here's what I've tried so far:

\score {
 \relative c' {
 \override RepeatTie #'side-axis = #0
 \override RepeatTie #'direction = #RIGHT

 c2 c2~ \repeat volta 2 { c2 c2 }

\alternative {
{ c2 c2 \repeatTie}
{d2 d2}
             }
             c2 c2 \bar "|." }
}

I just can't get it to work, I would be really grateful if someone could explain where I'm going wrong.

Many thanks,

Brent.